‘Find Your Inner Chi’ Singapore
A sanctuary arises, where the city disappears…
Arriving at Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore, you will leave the hustle and bustle of the city behind you.
Colorful Koi Pond at the Waterfall Garden
Set amidst 15 acres of lush greenery, Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore is a place like no other. Consistently voted as one of the best hotels in the world, this is where the legendary Asian hospitality of Shangri-La began more than 40 years ago. The story continues with you.
With luxurious guestrooms and suites in three distinctive wings, serviced apartments and residences in four-storey villas, this is where you will find your own Shangri-La.
When you have taken in the myriad of shopping choices in Singapore, from the enchanting roadside antique shops and the quaint little noodle stalls to the glitzy new designer shopping malls along Orchard Road, the luxurious sanctuary of Shangri-La will embrace you as you step onto its grounds.
We welcome you to luxuriate in the acres of wonderfully landscaped gardens, relax poolside or pamper yourself at Singapore’s first CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La. As night falls, find the evening you desire with dinner at The Waterfall, The Line, Nadaman Japanese Restaurant or Shang Palace. Then, relax in the Lobby Court with musical entertainment or unwind in the quiet gardens.
Guest Update: We are excited to announce that our Tower Wing rejuvenation program has commenced. The program includes two phases that involve the Tower Wing rooms, Horizon Club, Mezzanine Floor meeting rooms, Tower Wing Lobby, The Rose Veranda, Nadaman, BLU bar and BLU restaurant. Upon completion in Q1 2017, we look forward to introducing new Tower Wing rooms and suites, as well as new specialty restaurants and event spaces. All measures are being taken to minimize any disruption to our guests, and work will only take place within normal business hours. We expect Garden Wing and Valley Wing guests to experience little to no impact from the work. All other areas will operate as usual.
Delectable dining for discerning palates
A new dining concept is now available at Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore’s newly renovated Garden Wing. The Waterfall offers authentic and unique Southern Italian cuisine that combines the freshest seafood, handmade pastas and heirloom recipes from Chef de Cuisine Marco De Vincentis. Within the eclectic colonial interiors of the restaurant lies a treasure trove of fresh seasonal produce. For coffee lovers, baristas are trained to pull the perfect shot of Illy brew throughout the day. An exclusive private dining room fitted with a show kitchen is the ideal venue for cosy dinner parties, informal gatherings or culinary workshops.
The hotel also offers other exceptional dining options at award-winning restaurants ranging from international cuisine at The Line, classic Cantonese cuisine at Shang Palace, authentic Japanese cuisine at Nadaman, high tea at The Rose Veranda and many more.
Relax & rejuvenate in serene surroundings
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore, offers many recreational facilities where you can relax, play or exercise.
Work up a sweat at the gym, play a game of tennis on the floodlit tennis courts or dive into our sparkling pool surrounded by lush tropical landscaping.
Melt your worries away at the spa. Get revitalised and let our skilled therapists massage you into a state of bliss at Singapore’s first CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La.
Luxurious spa treatments
Singapore’s first CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La is now open at Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore.
Luxurious yet down to earth, CHI, The Spa provides you with a place for personal peace and well-being. Intuitive, skilled therapists with a caring touch rejuvenate the body and soothe the senses.
“Sense of Place” experiences using natural products and authentic treatments provide revitalising, therapeutic benefits. CHI, The Spa also offers treatments that reflect a true sense of Singapore, such as Tropical Treat and The Singapore Wave.
In traditional Chinese philosophy, “chi” or “qi” is the universal life force that governs well-being and personal vitality. For people to maintain good health, it is believed that “chi” must flow freely within the body.
CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La is your personal sanctuary where holistic treatments are based on time honoured methods shared by many Asian cultures.
At CHI, The Spa, you will find tranquillity, sincerity and something a great deal rarer – our special kind of care delivered from the heart.
The Famous Chi Dynamics International, Grand Master Anthony Wee
You will ‘find your inner chi’ by class participation at the world famous Chi Dynamics under Grand Master Anthony Wee.
Born in 1943, Anthony had a fervent interest in Chinese martial arts from young. He was well-versed in both the Northern Shaolin Kung Fu and the Southern Shaolin Wu Mei Neigong, a cultivation of internal qi power. He had represented Singapore in various pugilistic competitions in the 1970s and was the Captain of the Singapore Pugilistic team from 1971-72.
Anthony founded the Shunlin Wushu Kwan Association in Singapore in 1975 which produced many Kung Fu champions and was a training ground for young people. The first Chi Dynamics Center was established in Singapore in 1980. In 1986, Anthony moved to Perth, Australia and later founded the Chi Dynamics Center there. In the same year, Anthony demonstrated the extraordinary power of the mind and the inner power of qi by having a 9.3 ton double-decker bus driven over his body twice at the Esplanade in South Perth. This has remained an unbroken world record till today.
Currently living in Sydney with his wife of 35 years, he now concentrates on healing others with qi, in addition to conducting Chi Dynamics workshops and training to impart his knowledge on self-healing. Anthony has been a professional Chi Dynamics master since 1982.
Chi Dynamics is now practiced by people from all over the world including Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and the United Kingdom.
One-on-One with Grand Master Anthony Wee
- Can you briefly tell us what Chi Dynamics is really about? Is it a form of martial art, meditation or both?Chi Dynamics is a complete art of Qigong, Neigong and Qi meditation developed from three traditional art forms — the Northern Shaolin Qigong Breathing System, the Southern Shaolin Wu Mei Neigong System and the self-healing art of Qi meditation.It incorporates the “Yin and Yang energies”, activating one’s qi of the five elements (metal, wood, water, fire and earth) with the five vital techniques of deep Dan Tian breathing namely Fu, Chui, Tu, Pi and Xi.By practicing Chi Dynamics, one develops his or her own physical strength as well as inner power (characterized by Yang energy) in order to allow the free flow of qi that supports health and healing (characterized by Yin energy).
- What can newcomers expect from learning Chi Dynamics? How fast can they see some results?Chi Dynamics is a simple, systematic, self-healing art backed by scientific knowledge where applicable. Training is conducted in English.It induces relaxation, emotional stability and calmness in the mind and body by enhancing blood circulation and qi flow.Some beginners see results quickly in the first session. They are the ones who are highly motivated and able to focus well.To achieve optimal results, all practitioners are encouraged to train everyday for at least 15 minutes. Occasional training is not likely to bring about any beneficial effects.
- Can anyone practice Chi Dynamics? Is supervision required during practice?One should be trained by qualified instructors. The reason is simple: one cannot see his or her own mistakes. After learning from trained instructors, you are then encouraged to practice on your own.On the other hand, I have known of self-taught practitioners who are rather good. But, they could be so much better if they had learned from good instructors.
- The entire Chi Dynamics system composed of more than twenty forms, both moving and static. Is it essential to master all of them in order to reap any benefits?You can benefit from Chi Dynamics by just mastering the simple breathing techniques and movements. Only instructors are required to learn and master all the finer points.
- What are the challenges you have faced in promoting and teaching of Chi Dynamics?I have no difficulty teaching motivated people who want to be healthy and who wish to enhance their qi flow for healing themselves and others. Therefore, promoting the art is not difficult at all.
- What differentiates Chi Dynamics from other types of Qigong?If every master is sincere and open about their art, all types of Qigong are similar since they come from one source, one methodology and one concept.They have the same aim, that is to activate our inner potential qi to meet challenges brought on by health and aging, so that practitioners can live as healthily as possible.However, each type of qigong may place different emphasis on their art to achieve the same aim. In Chi Dynamics, I stress on teaching the correct way to breathe as that is the foundation for good health. It is also important to give clear and complete instructions to practitioners so that they can build strong fundamentals for future advancement.I do not keep any secrets in my teachings from my students, as I believe that “a good master is measured by the caliber of his disciples.”
You used to teach martial arts before turning to the teaching and practicing of Chi healing. Why the dramatic change?
I am still teaching Wu Mei Kungfu, but I focus now more on qi healing and qi meditation because of an event involving my father.
In 1981, my father was diagnosed with fourth stage cancer of the bronchial system and was given six to nine months to live. He turned to Chi meditation and followed a vegetarian and brown rice diet. Through intensive Chi meditation exercises and the vegetarian diet, the cancer went into remission and he fully recovered ten months later. He went on to live another fifteen robust years before dying at the age of 80. As I had played an instrumental role in his healing, that incident converted me from a warrior to a healer.
- In your opinion, what is the main cause of diseases in our modern society? And what can we do to prevent ourselves from getting them?Stress, emotional upheavals and poor crisis management are the main risk triggers. Being unable to free oneself of unnecessary cravings, be it physical pleasures or material possessions are also a source of illnesses.Selfishness, unwilling to share and reluctance to help others can also cause stress and strain.To counteract these causes, breathe correctly, eat wisely, exercise regularly and be helpful to others. As you relax and share more, you will gain better health.
- Any interesting, less known facts that you would like to share with your supporters?To be able to sleep well is a blessing in itself. Do a set of breathing for twenty minutes before bedtime and meditate for the next twenty. In this way, you will be able to sleep deeply and soundly. Your qi, blood flow and nervous system will also switch into the optimal healing mode, leaving you fresh and energized the next morning.
- Lastly, any advice for The Conscious Life readers on how to stay centered and grounded no matter what happened in life?Self-empowerment is the key to a fulfilling life. Firstly, know and acknowledge your own limits and weaknesses. Then, seek ways to improve them. You should also understand your strengths well, and constantly enhance them.Every day, train yourself to breathe correctly and exercise to keep your physical energy high.Associate with good, kind and sincere people as they will bring joy and warmth to your heart. Avoid petty, superficial and materialistic persons who are toxic to health.Once you have developed strong inner power of the mind and body, they will be your firm rocks and foundations to a good and healthy life.
Airfare: This package includes round-trip coach class service for two from any major metropolitan airport inthe 48 contiguous United States to Changi Airport in Singapore with transportation rental services included subject to availability. Airfare must be booked within one year from the date of purchase. Airfare taxes and a $25 per person processing fee are the responsibility of the purchaser.Blackout dates: Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s weeks. Business and First Class upgrades are available at the time of booking for an additional fee. Use of frequent flyer miles for upgrades is dependent on specific ticket restrictions as determined by the airline’s frequent flyer program. Booking & Concierge Service. We provide a team of seasoned travel professionals who will help you redeem your experience. All travel related details and reservations are handled for every part of your experience. We can assist with extra hotel nights, airfare upgrades, and additional guests. This service also provides you with an established network of onsite contacts who can help you book additional experiences, activities and tours.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:Must be booked a minimum of 60 days in advance. Reservations are subject to availability. Certificates cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed. All purchases are non-refundable. Packages cannot be resold. Suggested retail value is calculated using tariff air rates and rack room rates. Ground transportation is not included.